| by admin | No comments

Which of the batsmen has hit a wicket this summer?

Posted June 05, 2018 15:17:13In what could be a major blow to South Africa’s batting order, allrounder Lankasrri, who has been struggling with his recovery from his hamstring injury, has been ruled out of the next Test against Sri Lanka.

The 22-year-old is expected to be unavailable for the third Test at the Gabba on June 17.

Lankasarri has been the subject of much speculation in recent weeks, as he has struggled to get his fitness back and was even dropped from the World Cup squad for a first-class match against Pakistan in February.

In a statement, South Africa Cricket (SAC) said it was aware of the development.”SAC would like to extend its sincere thanks to the player and his family for their support and wishes,” the statement said.

“The team will take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that Lankesrri can play for the team in the upcoming matches.”

The statement also said that the team would give the player “full support” during his recovery.

Lankaasrria had been in contention to be named as the Test batting line-up for the second Test against New Zealand, but the decision was taken by the players’ association after he had been limited to just two first-innings wickets.

He had been on a short recovery from an injury sustained in a Champions Trophy Test against England in December, but he was also limited to five first-ball deliveries in the second innings of that Test.

In March, he was called up to play for South Africa in the World Twenty20 after being called up for the tournament but was not selected.

The first Test is South Africa v Sri Lanka, at the MCG, on June 13.